Despite the fact that cats need just as much preventive health care as dogs, fewer cat owners take their cats to the veterinarian. According to the American Association of Feline Practitioners, almost twice as many cats than dogs never visit a veterinarian, 58% of cat owners report their cat hates going to the vet, and 38% of cat owners report they get stressed just thinking about bringing their cat to the vet.
Loving Paws Pet Clinic seeks to create a low stress environment for cats and their owners. A large part of our approach is to utilize minimal restraint handling techniques that minimize stress for all animals, especially for cats.
Here are some cat-friendly services we provide:
- Separate check-in entrances for dogs and cats
- Cat-only designated exam rooms
- Use of synthetic pheromones to calm cats in exam and treatment rooms
- Mats and towels that provide comfortable exam surfaces for cats
- Non-invasive treatment alternatives such as laser therapy for common ailments
- Separate cat boarding areas
- Educational resources for pet owners to address cat anxiety and stress regarding vet visits